Bob Findlay Free
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Monday, December 19, 2011

Internet Vanishing Act

Image representing Klout as depicted in CrunchBaseImage via CrunchBaseWith the ever-increasing rate of Xmas approaching, it's time to prepare for an extended absence from both my internet activity and recording activity. At this point there are few certainties time-wise. What I do know is that my children will be spending Xmas day with my ex-wife. Due to the fact she's a Nurse and works shift-work, this will be the first time in quite a few years that they will spend with her.

On the flip-side, at this point it is unsure if my younger brother has his kids Xmas Eve or Xmas Day. If he does have them Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, this will entail myself and my parents spending Xmas Eve at his house. (How this works out is a mystery to my brother and I).

The aforementioned activities were to put you in the picture for the real purpose of this blog.

Between now and Boxing Day when I pick my children up to have a 'second Xmas' at my place there are quite a few 'plans of action' to put into place online which will allow me to skip the internet for the entirety of my children's visit. When my children are here for 2-3 days, it's no big deal but their trip up on this occasion will be an extended one and I don't want to be feeling the need to update anywhere.

After my recent highly successful and rapid-fire 'Xmas Shopping Blitz' I had a day messing around with a few tracks from my upcoming. On paper the the album looks half-completed but in reality I would say that it's about one-third of the way through. The album, when it eventually surfaces, will be initially released on Bandcamp where I currently have two albums and three singles. Bandcamp will always be the cheapest online store for my releases. Two-three weeks after this, the new album will be released on iTunes and then Amazon mp3. The only major reason that I have my material on iTunes and Amazon is purely for their 'reach' as far as searchability is concerned.




As far as Facebook is concerned, I shall simply be leaving a Xmas greeting on both my profile page and the Bob Findlay Music Page.


The most pre-Xmas work regarding my online presence will be getting my Twitter page 'loaded' using Hootsuite. With a Klout score of 51, I'll be interested to see how successful my pre-scheduling will be. There is one thing that I do know, it will have no effect on Tasmania Today. I have now got "Tasmania Today" running smoothly and enough 'backed-up' material for it to run for some time on its' own. It can be viewed at the bottom of this entry.


I have between now and Thursday to make these preparations but having said this, who knows what 'surprises' may appear by the deadline?


This may be last blog entry before Xmas so I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support, friendship and laughter in 2011 and wish you and those close to you a fantastic festive season.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment